My boys love cookies and request that I make them almost every week. I don’t make them weekly but I always make sure to make them for special occasions. One of my go-to quick and easy cookie recipes is for basic cake mix cookies. I don’t recall where I found the original recipe but these are no-fail cookies. They also happen to be the perfect cookie to have the kids help you with.
Earlier in the week I decided to make some Valentine’s cookies and had the idea to combine one of my boy’s favorite candies with the cake mix cookies. I picked up a bag of Valentine’s colored M&M’s and added it to the batter. The cookies came out so pretty and festive!
- 1 boxed cake mix (I used white)
- ½ cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 cups M&M’s candies (optional)
- Mix cake mix, oil and eggs together by hand in a large bowl.
- Gently stir in candies.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop up cookies onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes (depending on your oven) or until cookies are slightly brown on the edges.
If you decide to try these cookies please let me know what you think. I think you’ll love them and want to make this your go-to cookie recipe too!
Happy Valentine’s Day! ♥