This post was written in collaboration with Local Traders. Opinions are my own.
Decorating your home doesn’t have to be a chore. It can be fun to shop for your home and make it compliment your personal style. If you’re unsure how to decorate your home check out this free ebook - ’28 Tips on How To Decorate’. There are many ways to decorate your home to make it beautiful and today I’d like to share some tips for decorating your home inexpensively if you don’t mind some do it yourself projects.
- The focal point of your bedroom is your headboard and thankfully headboards can be built out of any material you can imagine. If you build your headboard yourself you can make it fit your style perfectly and save yourself some money.
- Another great way to save on decorating is to do it yourself. Paint is relatively inexpensive and is a great way to update the rooms in your home.
- You can also save money when decorating simply by rearranging what you already have. Add in a few new items (thrift stores are a great place to look) and you’ll have a totally new space to enjoy.
- Change up the mood of your home by simply adding dimmer switches to your lighting. Or maybe add a new shade to your favorite lamp for an inexpensive way to brighten up the room.
- If you can’t afford a new sofa, add some colorful throw pillows to the mix to liven up the room.
- Artwork can be expensive so try adding a group of mirrors to your space. Mirrors are easy to find at flea markets and thrift stores and can even make a small room look larger.
- Invest in one piece of large artwork and add some affordable decorations to match it. Adding a large focal item makes any space look more grand!
- Can’t afford a new chair? Try buying some fabric and reupholstering it yourself. You’ll save money and have a completely different looking chair to accent your home decor.
- Change up your window coverings. You can either make them yourself or invest in some new curtains to change the feel of any room.
If you don’t want to do it yourself or just don’t have the time, there are plenty of places to hire local home improvement professionals to do the job for you. The most important thing about decorating your home is to do what feels comfortable for you. After all, you should enjoy living in your own home!
Photo courtesy of ehavir on Flickr.